GUEST: Brian Burns, The Brutal Truth About Sales & Selling
“How do you plan to maximize your income?” We get asked this question a lot by sales leaders and coaches.
We sat down with Brian Burns, host of The Brutal Truth About Sales & Selling, to discuss five ways to maximize your income and make sure you’re on the right track:
- HAVE A VISION. Ask yourself “If my target earning is X, how do I back into the activity level that I need to achieve it?” Know where you want to go and plan on how you want to get there. That plan will keep you on target when everything else is spinning around you. A year may seem like a long time, but if you don’t stay focused on yourself and what you’re doing, it’s easy to get off track.
- BE RELENTLESSLY FOCUSED. Sales reps have to take it on themselves to stay focused. Don’t let the company, the meetings, etc. weigh you down. Know your ideal clients and focus on the quality of where you should be spending your time. Qualify who you’re spending your time with and what’s going to bring you the biggest returns.
- AVOID THE SEASONALITY TRAP. Know how the industry runs – not just for you, but for your customers. Once you see a pattern develop, you can start to layer in your activities to counteract that.
- COMMUNICATION ACROSS ACCOUNTS. Make sure that you’re finding the right level of communication with the person who makes the payment decisions as well as everyone that your activities affect. This can help keep everyone on the same page and stoke the fires of your credibility.
- LISTEN TO THE PODCAST FOR THE 5TH ELEMENT!
Listen to the entire podcast episode to get more insight into each key element, the things you, as a revenue executive, must be aware of to remain relevant and successful in the new sales landscape.
This post is based on a podcast discussion with Brian Burns, host of The Brutal Truth About Sales & Selling. To hear this episode, and many more like it, you can subscribe to the B2B Revenue Executive Experience.
If you don’t use iTunes, you can listen to every episode here.