If you do not agree with this Policy, please do not use the ValueSelling Associates website.
We collect information when you visit valueselling.com, subscribe to our blog, register for our webinars, or request information from us. During interactions with VSA, we may collect:
- Basic contact information when you express an interest in obtaining additional information about our Services, such as your name, address, email address, phone number, state/region and country. If you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences for the period you are a customer and up to 5 years thereafter.
- Billing information when you purchase products or services, including billing address, shipping address and your credit or debit card number. Once your purchase has been fulfilled, we do not store your credit or debit card details.
- Website navigational information when you visit valueselling.com, including browser information (browser type, version and language), Internet Protocol (IP) address, and the actions you take on the website, such as pages viewed, and links clicked. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
Use of information collected
- To fulfill your requests for information, products and services
- To improve our website functionality
- To personalize your experience
- To provide customer service and support
- To process purchases and deliver products you have ordered
- To administer a survey, promotion or contest
- To support recruitment inquiries
- To contact an individual(s) that you referred
- To send emails periodically regarding ValueSelling Associates services, products, promotions and events where this is a component of our relationship with you or where you have consented to us doing so. At any time, you have the ability to update your communication preferences and unsubscribe from receiving future emails.
Sharing and disclosure of information collected
ValueSelling Associates does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you have requested, when you have consented, or under the following circumstances:
- We will respond to duly authorized information requests of governmental authorities, including but not limited to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- ValueSelling Associates retains service providers and suppliers to deliver complete products, services and customer solutions and to assist ValueSelling Associates with marketing and communication initiatives. These providers and suppliers include, for example, credit card processors, third parties providing logistics/delivery/shipping services, event booking and conference management organizations, our teaching staff, providers of customer support and live-help, marketing, email service providers, and automated data processors for payment and/or employment purposes. Suppliers and service providers are required by contract to keep confidential the information received on behalf of ValueSelling Associates and may not use it for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for ValueSelling Associates.
- ValueSelling Associates may disclose, transfer, sell or assign to third parties information about you obtained through our website, or otherwise in our possession, as a result of sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization or liquidation of ValueSelling Associates or the ValueSelling Associates service. If any of the above listed events occur, ValueSelling Associates will notify you via email and/or prominent notice on our website for thirty (30) days or the time frame as defined and required by statute and/or regulation of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information. Information concerning deletion and/or removal of your personal information or any changes that you wish to make to your personal information will be made available at that time.
We will only process your personal information where we have a lawful basis for doing so. Lawful bases for processing include consent, contractual necessity (i.e. processing that is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, such as your user agreement with us that allows us to provide you with the Products) and our “legitimate interests,” such as to provide you with information, products and services that you or your affiliated organization has requested.
Regarding your personal information, at any time, you may:
- Review, correct, update or delete the personal information you have provided to us via the website and/or services by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Opt-out of receiving email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link included in the footer of every email. In such instance, you will still receive transactional information related to any Services that you use as a customer.
- Turn off cookies in your browser. However, some cookies may be needed for the website to function properly.
We may send you certain communications relating to the ValueSelling Associates service, such as reports, service announcements or administrative messages, that are considered part of your ValueSelling Associates account. For help in managing such communications, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transfer of Information
Our Products are hosted and operated in the United States (“U.S.”) through ValueSelling Associates and its service providers. If you are located outside the U.S. and choose to provide personal information to us, we may transfer the information to the U.S., to any ValueSelling Associates affiliate worldwide, or to third parties acting on our behalf for the purposes of processing or storage. By using any of our Products or providing any personal information for any of the purposes stated above, you consent to the transfer and storage of your personal information, whether provided by you or obtained through a third party, to the U.S. as set forth herein, including the hosting of such information on U.S. servers.
Safety of Minors
We do not knowingly solicit orders or collect personal information from minors, who are children under the age of 13. If you have reason to believe that any personal information has been submitted to us by a child under thirteen, contact us at email@example.com and upon verification of each claim, we will delete that personal information from our servers.
We implement industry standard security measures to keep your personal information secure from unauthorized access or disclosure, whether stored physically or electronically. We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software. Our payment gateway providers database is accessible only to those authorized with special access rights to these systems and are required to keep the information confidential. After financial transactions, we do not store credit and debit card information.
If you believe your personal information is not being processed in accordance with the requirements set out herein or applicable EEA data protection laws, you have the right to complain to a Supervisory Authority.
Upon request, ValueSelling Associates will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information. To request this information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to these requests within a reasonable timeframe.
California Privacy Rights: Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal customer information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request the address below.
You can also contact us at:
ValueSelling Associates, Inc.
Attention: Privacy Officer
2725 Jefferson Street
Carlsbad, CA 92008
+ 1 800 559 6419 toll free
+1 858 759 3565 local