The Three Big Factors That Impact Quota Attainment
"Study finds 69% of B2B Salespeople do not have enough leads in their pipeline to meet sales quota"
Our joint survey collected responses from more than 300 B2B sales professionals (including individual contributors and sales leaders). We learned the three biggest factors that impact sales quota attainment are:
- having enough sales pipeline,
- having the right sales process, and
- the salesperson’s ability to communicate value to the prospect/customer.
In this ebook, we explore the survey results in more detail and provide steps that sales professionals can take to see an immediate improvement in quota attainment.
ValueSelling Associates, Inc. and Selling Power Magazine surveyed 300 B2B sales professionals in the U.S., including individual contributors and sales leaders. The purpose of the study is to explore why sales teams are missing quota, especially when sales representatives are surrounded by tools and information to help them sell better, faster, and more effectively.
Key Findings Include:
- Sales reps do not have enough leads in their pipeline to meet quota
- Quota-missing reps do not get proper sales training
- The ability to communicate value during a sale is a contributing factor to sales success
- Salespeople need a simple sales process they can follow easily