GUEST: Brian Burns, The Brutal Truth About Sales and Selling
– Subscribe to the Podcast or Write a Review: –
iTunes – Google Play – Stitcher – TuneIn
Sales professionals are interested in making their deals larger, increasing the revenue gains and hitting quota with fewer deals. The challenge – few know how to consistently accomplish this. There are tactics and approaches which have proven effective and continue to be table steaks for sales professionals selling today.
Brian Burns, host of The Brutal Truth About Sales & Selling, sits down with Chad Sanderson, Managing Partner, Value Prime Solutions, to discuss five ways you can make your deals larger which include:
- ROI CALCULATION / QUANTIFIABLE BUSINESS BENEFIT: If you want your deals to be larger, then you MUST focus on the value your solution will provide to the business. The features and facets of your offering may be important at some point in the sales process, but to show that you understand their business and more importantly, how your solution will impact THEIR business, you have a way to increase your deal size.
- GAIN AND MAINTAIN ACCESS TO POWER: You can’t sell to someone who can’t buy; however, less than half of sales reps ever gain access to the ultimate buyer. Focus on building access to power into your interactions and sales strategies. This is critical to making sure your deals are as large as possible and bought into by a person of authority.
- CUSTOMER COLLABORATION: Your prospect has customers and if you can identify the right customer, approaching your prospect’s customers with an overview of how your solution will flow through and provide value to them, there are times the customers will help convince your prospect.
- INCLUDE THE CFO IN THE SALES PROCESS: Everyone is busy and if your solution requires your prospect to make a case to the CFO, chances are they won’t be comfortable or make the effort. Take it upon yourself to include the CFO as a standard step in your sales process. They will typically enjoy being part of the solution and, when bought in, be able to articulate the value in their terms.
- LISTEN TO THE PODCAST FOR THE 5TH ELEMENT!
Listen to the entire podcast episode to get more insight into each key element, the things you, as a revenue executive, must be aware of to remain relevant and successful in the new sales landscape.
This post is based on a podcast discussion with Brian Burns, host of The Brutal Truth About Sales & Selling. To hear this episode, and many more like it, you can subscribe to the B2B Revenue Executive Experience.
If you don’t use iTunes, you can listen to every episode here.