GUEST: Brian Burns, The Brutal Truth About Sales and Selling
With the onslaught of artificial intelligence and new technologies impacting the sales profession, the question is often asked: “Will people still be relevant?” It’s generally agreed that yes, salespeople will still be needed – at least those that are the A players.
Brian Burns, host of The Brutal Truth About Sales & Selling, sat down with Chad Sanderson, Managing Partner, Value Prime Solutions to discuss five things that make ultra high performers, or A players, so effective:
- PROSPECTING: Prospecting should be part of the DNA of the job if you’re in sales. So many people are scared to do it. People today often look at it like an assembly line, instead of a partnership. The B players often want to do the hardest thing, while the A players do the smartest thing. Prospect from the inside out, rather than the outside in.
- FOCUS: It’s easy to see the people who aren’t focused; they look at everything as equal. But activity does not equal accomplishment. A players have a strategy for closing and are obsessed with that strategy. Put a plan together and don’t just react – be proactive. Sales is a “work smart” business. At the end of the day results are simple – it’s either A or B; you did or you didn’t.
- TIME MANAGEMENT: Is your day going to generate more revenue than anything else you’re going to be doing? It’s about quantity versus quality. Are you showing up ready to provide value? The A players look at what generates the most revenue. The B players tend to think that activity alone will generate results. A players start their weeks by prepping their calendars, so they’re prepared, focused and ready to execute.
- SELF AWARENESS: Is your mindset allowing you to hear feedback? B players have fragile egos while A players can accept accountability for their actions. Being able to internalize the quality of your executions and being willing to make changes in your behavior is a crucial differentiator.
- LISTEN TO THE PODCAST FOR THE 5TH ELEMENT!
Listen to the entire podcast episode to get more insight into each key element, the things you, as a revenue executive, must be aware of to remain relevant and successful in the new sales landscape.
This post is based on a podcast discussion with Brian Burns, host of The Brutal Truth About Sales & Selling. To hear this episode, and many more like it, you can subscribe to the B2B Revenue Executive Experience.
If you don’t use iTunes, you can listen to every episode here.