GUEST: Brian Burns, The Brutal Truth About Sales and Selling
Sales Managers are often faced with ever-increasing challenges, only one of which is making sure the team is delivering the results the company demands. Working to understand their perspective, we are diving in to identify five key things sales reps should be aware of in order to be not only an A-player, but a valued member of the team.
Brian Burns, host of The Brutal Truth About Sales & Selling, sits down with Chad Sanderson, Managing Partner, Value Prime Solutions, to discuss five things today's Sales Managers want from their teams.
Subscribe to the podcast or listen to the episode above as they discuss the 5 key elements sales executives must consider as they build their next generation sales teams.
- COOPERATION: Sales Managers need their teams to be able and willing to cooperate - in the sales process, internal changes, and achieving their goals.
- PERFORMANCE: Sales is about performance and Sales Managers need to see their teams performing, delivering results and demonstrating a command of the sales profession.
- INCREASED BUSINESS ACUMEN: Being effective at B2B sales requires understanding business - how it's done, measured, structured, and optimized. This requires continually working to understand how your prospects and customers see the world.
- INTERNAL CHAMPION: The job of Sales Managers is getting increasingly difficult and having sales reps that serve as internal champions for their initiatives is critical for their success. Those who take the time to understand their manager's vision and support it are highly prized today.
- LISTEN TO THE PODCAST FOR THE 5TH ELEMENT!
Listen to the entire podcast episode to get more insight into each key element, the things you, as a revenue executive, must be aware of to remain relevant and successful in the new sales landscape.
This post is based on a podcast discussion with Brian Burns, host of The Brutal Truth About Sales & Selling. To hear this episode, and many more like it, you can subscribe to the B2B Revenue Executive Experience.
If you don’t use iTunes, you can listen to every episode here.