Updated: May 24, 2018
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the site again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information.
We use clear gifs or pixels in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. We tie the information gathered by clear gifs in emails to our customers’ personal information.
Cookies set by the website owner (in this case, ValueSelling Associates) are called “first-party cookies”. Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called “third-party cookies”. Third-party cookies enable third-party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g. like advertising, interactive content and analytics). The parties that set these third-party cookies can recognize your computer both when it visits the website in question and also when it visits certain other websites.
Some Cookies last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you exit your browser. Other Cookies last longer, remembering you when you return to our website.
- Operate the website
- Measure website usage and analytics
- Customize the content of our web pages
- Track your usage of our Products
- Determine if you opened our emails
- Personalize information
- Control the display of ads, including interest-based ads
We may collect the following types of information through Cookies, including:
- Site visits, web page views, total duration of navigation through the website
- The web page that referred you to our website
- Your user preferences, such as language, layout, size ratio preferences
- Whether this is your first time visiting a web page
- Your city, state and country
- Type of browser used and your IP address, so that we can identify you during your future visits
ValueSelling Associates uses HubSpot to host its website. Below are the types of cookies that may be used and their purposes:
- Essential website cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our website to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas.
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of our website but are non-essential to their use. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
- Analytics and customization cookies: These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our website is being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize our website for you.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed for advertisers, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests.
- Social networking cookies: These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content that you find interesting on our website through third party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes too.
How can I control cookies?
You may block or delete Cookies at any time through your web browser. Certain features of ValueSelling Products and services depend on Cookies. Therefore, if you choose to block Cookies, you may not be able to sign in or specific features and preferences that are dependent on Cookies may be deleted. If you choose to delete Cookies, settings and preferences controlled by those Cookies, including advertising preferences, will be deleted and may need to be recreated.
In addition, most advertising networks offer you a way to opt out of targeted advertising. If you would like to find out more information, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ or http://www.youronlinechoices.com. You may opt out by clicking here: http://preferences.truste.com/ (or if located in the European Union, by clicking here: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/). Please note this does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive generic advertisements.
Essential website cookies: Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the website to you, you cannot refuse them. You can block or delete them by changing your browser settings however, as described above.
Where can I get further information?