ValueSelling has been the cornerstone of Dawson’s sales success for over 20 years. She has a proven track record of generating leads, closing deals and retaining customers. An energizing coach, Dawson transforms sales teams into high performers that measurably improve business results.
Prior to joining ValueSelling Associates, Dawson was a founding member of Gartner’s inside sales team where she leveraged ValueSelling successfully:
- Earning the top spot in her division the first year
- Achieving a 91% client retention rate when the average was below 50%
- Sourcing and closing a $150K benchmarking deal solely over the phone
- Taking over the bottom-performing sales team, instilling ValueSelling skills, and leading them to #2 in the first year and #1 the next year
- Achieving Winners’ Circle 6 times, at least once in every sales role
Learning ValueSelling from its founder, Lloyd Sappington, Dawson credits his advice as central to her success: “You don’t know where the line is unless you cross it every once in a while."
In 2010 she, along with two colleagues, created the first Gartner Sales Academy model, which rapidly became and remains the global standard for Gartner’s sales training. In its first year, Academy graduates wrote 2x more new business, had a 6% higher client retention rate, and achieved Winners’ Circle at a 10% higher rate than their predecessors. She was then tasked to create Gartner’s first Client Services New Hire Academy that spanned over 20 roles in seven business units. Due largely to the use of the ValueSelling Framework, new hire client retention rates rose by 32% compared to those who did not leverage ValueSelling. To date, she has certified over 1,500 people in the ValueSelling Framework.
On a personal note, she is a certified Florida BBQ Judge, who spends a lot of time on a paddle board to offset all the BBQ tasting.